Pages

Thursday, May 24, 2012

Fujitsu SCANSNAP S1100 CLR 600DPI USB Mobile Scanner

I have adopted this product line at my workplace for personal scanners, and we have never had a failure. They're fast, reliable, durable and this model is no different. I love the ScanSnap line and have had several models. I would definitely choose this model for the mobile traveling worker I've also owned the model slightly larger than this, the Fujitsu ScanSnap S1300 Instant PDF Sheet-Fed Mobile Scanner (PA03603-B005).

The quality of scans is completely satisfactory, and honestly this little device does much better with tiny thin pieces of paper like receipts as compared to some of the larger models-- that are designed for a whole stack of paper-- and from time to time will skew a thin tiny receipt sideways and crinkle it up It's tiny, feels well constructed, and does not require external power. The software installation is quick is easy. It works just fine once you realize what's going on there. This is the first ultra mobile Scansnap, and I cannot convey how impressed I am with it! If you've used a scansnap this one puts the brakes on and reverses you-- the paper actually feeds in the front and out the back-- Opposite of all Scansnaps. It does not come with Adobe Acrobat Full version, like some of the older models used to include. ) this is clearly my most preferred choice for a mobile scanner. The device is literally about the size of two snickers bars put end to end. Those couple of drawbacks considered, if you are a mobile road warrior who needs to scan on the go, (signed paperwork, business cards, receipts, etc. It does not scan double sided as do many of the other Scansnap devices.

If you travel or fly daily, or move from client to client during the day and want the smallest lightest option, this would be my recommended option. As I continue to have the scanner longer I will plan to update the review. It would be perfect for sales forces, insurance company members, consultants, and others who go from place to place quickly, want minimal bulk, and the ability to scan a few documents quickly & easily. If you have any specific questions or would like a certain additional feature tested, please leave a comment below and I will answer you ASAP It's larger and takes more space if you're flying. My thoughts on this model vs. But at this point, the install was easy, the scan quality is good and use is easy, and the device is unbelievably small yet feels "not flimsy" and I couldn't be any more pleased with it's functionality and portability. the S1300: If you travel and set up at a hotel, temporary office or trade table type environment for a few days or all day, or need double sided scanning, the S1300 is a fine option. If you need to scan small stacks of paper, go with the S1300.

As well, a couple features I didn't mention explicitly above: The scanner auto aligns the images-- you don't have to worry about feeding them through exactly straight. This is a FAR superior software feature to the larger S1300-- because it takes a few moments to put down & pick up another receipt. Finally, the software "sits and waits" between receipts you feed through, until you click "finished". The scanner sits patiently and waits for you to feed through as many receipts or pieces of paper as you want, with no urgency I was able to scan them all in about 2 minutes. I've completed my first business trip with 13 pages of various sized receipts, full page receipts, baggage fee wide receipts, etc.

The scanning went perfectly and I'll post a few examples of the scans with no personal info on them as an example of scan quality. Since I've had the scanner I carry it with me in my backpack every day to & from work and everywhere I travel with my work backpack. Still going strong with no issues.

I then learned that the back "door" on the scanner can very easily be removed so the paper feeds straight through without bending it. Another question, and another problem solved easily I recently needed to scan some very plastic like paper and it didn't want to curl upwards to come out of the scanner.

I discovered that the rear door can easily be removed so you can scan hard cards like plastic credit cards, membership cards, etc. right through the unit without bending them at all! Also great for older style hard photos as long as they're not too thick. 


0 comments:

Post a Comment